My name is Tas Franklin, and I’m a BACP registered psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist, with additional training in working with couples, mindfulness and mentalizing. This means that as well as listening carefully, I pay particular attention to how past experiences may have shaped and influenced current behaviours, thoughts, feelings and relationships.
I think it’s important for everyone to be able to explore the areas of their life that they feel are troubling them and I tailor my approach to each individual’s needs.
I have had over 15 years of experience working within the NHS in an acute setting. As well as my private practise, I am part of the counselling team at Mind in Barnet, North Finchley.
My background was in Nursing prior to training as a counsellor / psychotherapist, and I still work part-time as a Nurse. This gives me a unique insight into how emotional/ mental health difficulties can translate into very real physical symptoms.
I have experience in counselling people with many different problems. The following is an example of some of these, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Family issues, conflicts and crises
- Depression, anxiety and panic attacks
- Difficulty in developing, sustaining or ending relationships
- Health issues
- Low self esteem and lack of confidence
- Feelings of emptiness, isolation and lack of a sense of belonging
- Suicidal thoughts
- Finding it hard to let go of the past
- Stress and difficulty in coping with the impact of stressful situations
- Abuse- sexual, physical or emotional
- Traumatic experience
- Workplace bullying, relationships, redundancy, retirement
- Relationship problems such as infidelity, feeling stuck or unfulfilled
- Personality Disorders
If you would like to have a chat about whatever is troubling you and if counselling can help, then call me on 07397 304973
As a registered member of BACP, I adhere to their Ethical Framework of Good Practice.
Registered Nurse (West Hertfordshire College of Nursing)
PgDip in Psychodynamic Counselling / Psychotherapy (Manor House Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Working with Couples (Tavistock Relationships)
Mentalization Based Treatment (Anna Freud Centre)